Recovered plaque is returned


Mendota American Legion Post 540 Past Commander Bill Hunt, left, and current Post Commander Bill Patterson, right, present a letter of appreciation to Dan Croissant of Peru Auto Salvage Company for recovering a brass placard that was originally presented to the Post in 1946. As a result of a business transaction, Croissant came into possession of a brass wall monument that was dedicated to Mendota American Legion Post 540 in 1946. Croissant made contact with a local member of the Post and arranged for its return. The Post expressed their heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Croissant for helping to preserve a vital part of the Mendota community, and their American Legion history. (Not pictured is Post Adjutant Phil Harth)