PAW PAW - A new trustee, Pete Bollock, was sworn in during the Feb. 10 Paw Paw Village Board meeting. Bollock will fill the remaining three months of the village trustee position.
In other business:
- Mark Clayton, assistant Streets and Public Works, will take courses to be certified in water inspection, Class C and Class D.
- The area behind the Community Center will be tarred and chipped when weather permits, both east and west sides.
- Senior bingo and exercise have resumed, with a maximum of 50 people allowed to gather.
- The Community Building is now open to rent for affairs of up to 50 people.
- The Paw Paw Garden Club intends to replace the village planters.
- The Village Clerk’s office will reduce its hours. After March 1, the office will be open on Saturdays by appointment only.
- The Village will unite with seven other areas to secure the lowest reliable electrical service. Rock River Energy Group will be researching and advising.
For further information regarding the Village, citizens may go online to pawpawil.org or www.facebook.com/PawPawIL.